Saturday 3 January 2015

"The Movie That Threatened My Marriage" - Omotola Jalade Ekeinde



This year, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde would be celebrating 20 years since she made her debut into the Industry. In exclusive interview with Encomium, the actress reflects on the past 20 years in the industry and the controversial movie 'The Prostitute' threatening her marriage.
Read the excerpts below;

On Challenges Encountered:
"When I started out, I got married just about the same time and started having children.  For me, it was a very big challenge because prior to that time, I didn’t know any other actor who had done similar thing that I could call and ask how do I go about it.
I was also scared of losing my fan base.  I was scared of so many things.  I didn’t even know if I would be able to cope.  And I am sure you’re aware I had my children almost every year (laughs).  So, at a point, I started getting frustrated.
But it got to a point we started to understand the job a little more.  So, personally, it got to a point I felt we can push the envelope further than what we already had in the industry, and my dreams started going wide.
I started thinking of many ways of changing the career for the better.  So, having to fight my own battle at a time where practically at that time there was no industry, was very difficult because a lot of people didn’t understand what that was about".

On Career Being A Threat To Marriage:
"No, not seriously.  At least, it was in a way that shook my marriage.  The only time I would say I worried was when the movie, The Prostitute came out.  And that was the first major fresh shaking I had.
It was like a kind of controversy. From the movie poster to the sex scenes, whatever in that movie was shot after I left there, but was shot as if I was the one who did it. 
And you know, Nigeria was not ready for that, so there was a lot of controversies around that.  So, that was the only time I really worried about my marriage.  And to be frank and candid, until my husband told me he wasn’t bothered, then I had peace."

Source : Encomium.

No comments:

Post a Comment