Its the Queen of Talkshow's 60th birthday today. As we celebrate her, we share some priceless Oprah wisdom worth reading and sharing over and over again. When it comes to awesome one-liners - no one does it as good as Oprah:
On Mistakes and Failure
· "There is no such thing as failure. Failure is just life trying to move us in a different direction."
· "Learn from every mistake, because every experience, encounter, and particularly your mistakes are there to teach you and force you into being more of who you are."
On Living Your Best Life
· "What we dwell on is who we become."
· "Align your personality with your purpose, and no one can touch you."
· "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
On Setting Goals and Moving Forward
· "What am I hungry for? Well, I'm hungry to awaken and open people's hearts."
· "When you have reached the peak of a mountain top . . . you have absolutely no worries. But you have two choices: You can come down from the mountain and spend the rest of your days thinking it was so beautiful there, or you can create a vision, look upward, see the next mountain, and start the climb all over again."
On Leadership and Success
· "That's what true leadership is — to be able to put whatever you're doing in a position that can sustain itself without you having to be the prominent force every day. You want to create an opportunity for other people."
On Happiness and Positivity
· "You have to be responsible for the energy you're putting out into the world."
· "The commonality in the human experience is the same. We have the same sorrows, and the same triumphs. Joy is joy is joy."
Picture credit: Pop Sugar