Wednesday 17 December 2014

5 Minutes With Poe





Nigerian rapper Poe has talent like no other. His lyrics and approach to music caught us off guard causing us to fall involve with hits like Ko Ye Won, New Era and Gbe Si Le. We caught up with him for just 5 minutes as he shares what sets him apart from his counterparts and what to expect from him in the coming year... 
- Shade A' Onakoya


 You are often described as ‘Nigeria’s Best Kept Secret’, why?

Well, you hadn't heard of me last year. Luckily, Nigerians can't keep secrets

You graduated with a Bsc in Biology and Chemistry; you even went as far as masters in Administration. So I have to ask, why music?

Because I'm more concerned about self-denial than ridicule. Denying music would be denying my true nature. Furthermore, my education doesn't go to waste. I use it everyday. Especially the business skills"

What sets you apart from other contenders in your genre?

Besides my name and the way that I rap, I walk around town with a pork pie hat

Tell us a little about your up-coming project T.A.P (Talk About Poe)

Talk About Poe is an invitation for people to get to know me better. It's a different experience when listeners connect with not just the music, but the artist as well. 

What should be expecting from Poe in 2015?
The T.A.P. EP and more music..



Visual Credits:
Styling and Wardrobe: Funmi fagbemi (VR styling)
Photography: Sefunmi Savage (pixelsbySAVO) 

No comments:

Post a Comment